Powered by Blogger.

Mamasapano

29 January 2015

I know it isn't the right time to talk about this.

But it's so hard resisting the itch. I'm a Mindanaoan. I have three cousins who are policemen. During college, I have read the books Under The Crescent Moon, In The Presence of My Enemies, and countless essays about the Moro insurgency.

Now, I feel angry, betrayed, hopeless. But the worse feeling is reading the news, gulping, and thinking: "It's happening again. The cycle won't stop. People just keep killing and saying the wrong things."

I'm going to write about this incident in length at some other time. Right now, I have to pause and wait for the results of the investigation.

Speak when you are angry - and you'll make the best speech you'll ever regret.
- Laurence J. Peter 


No comments:

 

Pangitaa Gud

Ang Pulong Sa Ignoy