Powered by Blogger.

Pasado

22 March 2014

Last night, I received good news: I passed the Real Estate Broker exam.

The way I received it was funny though. For the entire week, I kept checking, almost to the point of obsession, if the results were already posted. Then, on Friday night, I left my phone in the hospital room where my sister was recuperating from her Cesarean operation. When I came back after buying food, Papa was scrolling his phone looking for my name in the list of passers released by Rappler.com (I would learn later that someone had congratulated him ahead of time). I remembered saying something, “Ayaw na’g asa lagi” before he announced that my name was on the list: Bataller, Paolo Ray Evangelio.


Several text messages from friends congratulated me. I replied back that I’ll still remain skeptical until I can finally see my name personally on an official PRC list (which I did after I got home).

To tell you the truth, I was really expecting that I flunked that exam. I had complete lack of confidence and that’s something I never experienced before. Though I was hopeful, I was also despondent at how the exam went (more on this in another post). There were many questions that I did not encounter before in my review and there were many items where I had to make educated guesses. It was the sort of exam where you leave feeling as if you have never studied at all.

One thing that was going for me though was how I prayed the week before and the days after the exam. Last month, I prayed that I’ll top the exam. Then, when time was running out, I prayed that I’ll have enough time to cover all the materials and to pass. Then, right after the exam, I prayed for mercy, that He will have pity on me and just let me pass.

It’s interesting how God has ways to make us feel vulnerable and dependent on his beneficence. For me, this good news was pure divine intervention. It wasn't from my efforts and so I could not help but feel humbled and grateful for this blessing.

It’s like what Kevin Durant said some time ago after a spectacular performance:

No comments:

 

Pangitaa Gud

Ang Pulong Sa Ignoy