Powered by Blogger.

Gym

01 March 2011

I'm going to a gym now.

Actually, this is the first time I'm doing so. Still fresh from the hospital after my bout with dengue (it's been over a week now), I think I need this to gain back any loss in body mass. Muscles feel like they've shrunk a bit after endless hours in bed so I guess this is a good thing.

Looking back, I've actually been interested before in going to a gym. That was courtesy of Kit, who was an avid Fitness First "gymmer" (his self-coined word). He was trying to lose some unwanted baby fat and to attract possible boyfriends in the process (Fitness First, after all, is quite a popular place for gays. If you were straight, you would prefer going to Gold's Gym or somewhere else instead so as not to be "mislabeled"). I was intrigued by his newly found routine especially since he would ask me every now and then if his waist had gotten slimmer. It even came to a point when he invited everyone of us in the Casibang Compound to try the gym's facilities (where we were promptly greeted by a saleslady who asked us point blank when we were planning to enroll and pay).

But the interest sort of faded. It was a combination of factors, I presume. First, the cost was prohibitive and even Kit would lament at how much of his salary goes to paying Fitness First. Second, I saw no need for it. I wasn't eating any breakfast in Manila and my portions were small. I was in no way getting obese with my anorexic diet.

Then, this year, Sir Ramy, Tonton, and Rhab came along and I began saying, "Why not?" They've been working out in Dover Fitness Center, a no-frills gym in downtown Davao for over a month already. The fee was minimal and I had the benefit of going out with office mates instead of working out alone. Plus, the dengue episode really did make me insecure about my body image.

So off I went. If you were to ask me if I'll be sticking it out, then I would tell you , "I honestly don't know". But who even knows, right?

Now, how do I get those washboard abs? Hmmm...

No comments:

 

Pangitaa Gud

Ang Pulong Sa Ignoy