Powered by Blogger.

First Day Low

21 February 2011

So this is what it feels like.

Reporting for work after my dengue episode, I was pretty much in high spirits as I entered the office. I remember smiling then, simply happy that I was back to regular programming and also reassuring everyone that all was well.

However, all was not really well. Let's just say my body wasn't up for it as I thought it would be. Folders were strewn across my desk, begging for my attention. The phone kept ringing. And the clients kept visiting. I barely had time to catch up on the pending transactions for the past two weeks when other tasks came up. Again and again.

By mid-morning, fatigue had already set in. I was tired and stressed.

So I did what any normal employee would do. I tuned out and began coasting all throughout the day. Clearly, in my condition, I couldn't do any productive work yet so I treated myself to simply making sense of everything before me. I studied the files, organized my working documents for the next day, and talked to everyone just to catch up on lost time. I also went home early.

That was my first day, post-dengue.

No comments:

 

Pangitaa Gud

Ang Pulong Sa Ignoy