Powered by Blogger.

First Spa Treatment

23 April 2009

Buying clothes and apparel is fine. So is eating out a lot too. But you cannot say you have pampered yourself when you haven’t been to a spa. Yup, that’s right; I went with Ronron aka “Ronald Jalmasco” last Friday night to go to Wensha Spa.

I’ve heard about it lately and decided to try it out (Plus, Kit saying “Basta Pao, sulit lagi kaayo” also helped sell the idea).

Ronron and I tried inviting the others to go with us for this visit. However, it turned out we were the richest people in the world at that moment; the colleagues we invited didn’t have the money to go with us (For your information, our company has a health and wellness subsidy for each employee, a subsidy I haven’t used ever since. So I decided to use it for this spa treatment, hoping to be reimbursed real soon. So don’t worry. I’m still the cheapskate you know from years ago).

The place was quite easy to find actually. It was right across the street from the World Trade Center. When we arrived, we were quite daunted by the prices. Almost all the package prices came with 4 numbers. Luckily, we found the package Kit was talking about, the body massage for Php680.00. So we paid up and proceeded to the locker room.

One thing I think everyone remembers about Wensha Spa is the cool rubber bracelet you get. It unlocks your locker when you glide the bracelet’s metal-something over the “laser light”. Mine didn’t work perfectly though (I had to glide it over and over again before the locker door eventually opened) but the rubber bracelet beats the usual key or card.

Once we had our things taken cared for, we headed for a shower, tried out their sauna (Really hot. Thought the hairs in my nostrils went on fire every time I took a breath), and also sweated it out in their steam bath (which had menthol in the air). The one thing we didn’t try though was the jacuzzi because you had to be completely nude before you could take a dip (much like those scenes in Korean films). That was way beyond my comfort level so we decided to have our dinner.

The good thing about Wensha Spa is that, not only do they allow their guests to stay in the premises for 6 hours (or 8 in off-peak days, which is Monday to Thursday) but they also allow their guests to gorge in an all-you-can-eat buffet. We did just that. We got into our spa-issued shorts, slippers and robes and went to the dining area. And despite the fact that the food wasn’t exactly 5-star hotel cuisine, I wasn’t one to complain.

Then we headed off to the most anticipated part of the evening: the body massage.

Ron and I were led off to one of the spa’s dimly-lit rooms. We chose male masseuses because we thought their female masseuses didn’t have enough strength in their hands to get the job done. It turned out that Ron had a “porcelain body”; he was ticklish, madali lang makiliti. Even the slightest pressure in some areas was enough to make him giggle. As for my case, there were times when I couldn’t relax because the masseuse kept “touching” my junior every time he massaged my legs (Very, very uncomfortable). I don’t know if that really happens in body massages (it’s my first time, remember?) but I gave him the benefit of the doubt (Plus, he seemed straight to me). Setting that aside, that was probably one hell of a massage and I mean that in a good way. The massage culminated with the masseuse effortlessly lifting me up, giving me a full body stretch (Thank goodness, we didn’t pick female masseuses. I’d be embarrassed if they’d be forced to lift us up).

After the massage, we were left alone in the room. Ron and I planned to sleep in Wensha until our 6 hours was up but I had to try out the spa’s shabu-shabu. So I tried it out (again, my first time) and I found out shabu-shabu wasn’t my thing after all. Eating bland food simmering in an equally bland broth wasn’t exactly a moment to behold (or maybe I just didn’t know how to eat shabu-shabu). After I had my fill, Ron and I met up. He wasn’t able to sleep in the room because the air-conditioned room was getting cold. So we opted to have one last shower before heading home.

If I were to visit Wensha again, I would do it. And when I come back, I’m going to invite my family and friends along. I would do that because the fact remains: here in Manila, where could you expect an eat-all-you-can buffet, a body massage, and a bed to sleep on for only Php680.00, except in Wensha Spa (Of course, they have other services for those whose wallets are thicker and heavier)? Being there was bliss and I can’t wait to try out the other spas also.

Paolo Bataller: In a spa near you.

No comments:

 

Pangitaa Gud

Ang Pulong Sa Ignoy